IT Directors Bound to Face More Challenges With Managing Technology
Over the past few months, there’s been a lot of uncertainty and stress for organizations. For those that are considered non-essential, remote work became the new norm as they shut their doors to accommodate social distancing. So what happens next? Now that we’re seeing lockdowns being lifted, technology challenges may become even greater. Why? Because in the rush to embrace remote work, “good enough” was the standard. But now, we’ll continue to work remotely – at least to some degree – for the unforeseeable future.
Layoffs Are Imminent
The biggest challenge? Many organizations will decide to get rid of some, if not all, of their technology department to minimize operational expenses. For IT directors, this means they’re on their own to handle the complex changes associated with remote work. This may include:
- Securing computers, laptops, and devices for remote workers
- Configuring remote access tools and software
- Implementing more flexible business telephone services
- And much more
Although layoffs aren’t the only decision being made to cut costs, they do impact IT directors in a significant way. Some other decisions may include:
- Reprioritizing current and planned projects
- Freezing current or future hiring processes
- Focusing on collecting outstanding payments
Outsourcing Cuts Costs
Outsourcing to an MSP to manage part of your information technology functions and priorities not only cuts costs but keeps the IT director from becoming overwhelmed and overloaded with work. In the aftermath of layoffs in the information technology department, an MSP can provide co-managed IT services that offer:
- Access to an entire team of skilled professionals for a flat-rate monthly fee
- Greater availability as they’re available for support any time of the day
- A range of services, including but not limited to:
- Business continuity planning
- Around-the-clock monitoring
- Preventative maintenance
- Responsive help desk support
- Cloud solutions
- And much more
The proactive nature of managed services itself also cuts costs as you can rest assured knowing you’ll:
- Deal with fewer technical issues because they’ll be found and remediated right away – before they turn into downtime.
- Stay safe against an influx of costly cyberattacks that are targeted at remote workers with enterprise-grade security solutions.
- Keep your team productive, despite working from home, with the right collaboration tools to stay connected.
IT Directors Continue to Shine
In addition to helping you cut costs while managing the workload, co-managed IT services allow IT directors to continue to shine. Our team partners alongside you to assist wherever needed, whether it’s handling the day-to-day routine tasks like monitoring and maintenance or handling the strategic initiatives like embracing the cloud for remote work. You focus on what you’re great at while we handle anything you don’t have time to handle.
Given the complicated circumstances, many organizations have been set up for remote work in a manner that’s “good enough.” However, going forward, it’s important to ramp up your efforts to come out of the coronavirus pandemic with a competitive edge. We’re here to help. You can simply:
- Book a meeting with our team of technology professionals – at no cost and no obligation to sign up.
- Get started with a co-managed IT service plan that keeps you focused on your core competencies.
- Enjoy staying focused on helping your organization thrive, despite an economic downturn, while we handle the rest.
Ready to get started with co-managed IT services? Get in touch with us via the chatbox.